Sunday, November 12, 2017

A subject you´ve enjoyed studying this semester

The subjetc that I really enjoyed this semester was sociological theory II. The content was really exciting and fun. This subject change a little my perception about what sociology is. I remember the unity about Chicago School and my teacher Maria Emilia Tijoux talking about Erving Goffman. I remember how I couln´t listen anything else than my teacher. Also, the teacher teaches in such a way that one is able to immerse oneself within the subject. Erving Goffman was a bohemian sociologist and an expert observer. He sat in Bar´s, and listened to other people in the Bar. I really enjoy the idea of do sociology in this way. In this subject we also saw Symbolic interactionism, Structural functionalism and Critical theory. I like see others authors that they were not the classics of always. This subject is so much important to contemporary sociology and helps to understand the society today and how and why is it transformed the last years. In summary, I enjoyed this subject for the new authors and for the important that this subject is.

No comments:

Post a Comment